2 FULL-TIME OPENINGS IN NEW ALBANY. $14-$18 PER HOUR WITH BENEFITS.
1 YEAR EXPERIENCE AND RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION A MUST.
Finish laborers are responsible for sanding, spraying, staining/glazing, and maintaining flat-line finishing system operations. Production demands must be met regularly while supporting company standards of quality. Candidate must have lots of energy and a great work ethic. Reliable transportation and good attendance is a must. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verify by checking manufacturing documents and drawings that cabinetry items received matches manufacturing documents and drawings.
- Verify all whitewood surfaces are sanded to within tolerance levels to ensure consistent coverage of finish product.
- Sanding materials with hand sanders while working on flat-line system.
- Loading/unloading track while working on flat-line system.
- ensure finishes matches
- Mix finishes ingredients to obtain desired colors or shades.
- Fill and smooth cracks or depressions, remove marks and imperfections.
- Spraying off-line and glazing materials to product specifications.
- Meets quality standards with assistance from management and upholds integrity of product.
- Maintains machinery and equipment in a safe manner
- Keep work area neat and clean
- Meet quality standards with assistance from management and uphold integrity of product.
- Follow all safety instructions and reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Follow standards as set forth in the company handbook including memorandums/addendums.
- Use tape measure
- To be able to identify wood species
- Basic understanding of cabinetry manufacturing terminology
- Read and follow manufacturing documents and drawings
- Perform work with minimal supervision
- Able to work with others in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be able to lift 30 (+) pounds regularly. Wood materials must be handled with safety in mind.
- Due to the nature of the work, candidates are required to stand on their feet for an entire shift (with exception of break periods and lunch).